|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/30/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $15.00/hour, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial State Internship Program application here before applying for this vacancy.
As a Construction Intern with OMES you will enjoy:
• A flexible schedule accommodating your class schedule.
• Real world experience and opportunity to network with diverse professionals in state service.
• Impactful service to your community.
• Part-Time, 20-hour work weeks.
• Support the Capital Assets Management
• Hourly Rate up to $15.00 based on education and experience
• In-person internship starting in the Fall 2022
• Assist with a strategic plan
o Establishing baseline data
o Research best practices.
• Writes and analyzes raw data.
• Generating and reconciling reports.
• Construction research and reporting.
• Drafts and processes requests for solicitations for Architectural, Engineering, Construction
Management and Design Build for approval and release.
• Assist with processing open records requests as needed and according to procedure.
• Review policies and procedures within the department.
• Understand compliance requirements for our operations to meet federal and state regulations.
• Assist in review and implementation of construction contracts.
• Assist in process analysis.
• Works as project manager trainee.
• Serves as back-up for the mail, phone, and other contracting officers.
• Scans documents as needed.
• Research available information on the web and through business representatives to build
comparative construction cost data and best practices.
• Special projects or other duties as assigned.
• May attend staff and training meetings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities obtained through Internship
• Enhanced knowledge in spelling, punctuation, business English, business mathematics, modern
office methods and procedures.
• Enhanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and database systems.
• Ability to maintain complex records.
• Good knowledge of policies and procedures governing assigned programs.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Construction or related field.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.