Roman Nose State Park in Watonga, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/29/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/13/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Please submit cover letter and resume with application.
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time Recreational Coordinator to plan, supervise and direct recreation programs at Roman Nose State Park in Watonga, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $33,000.
Under general supervision, plans, supervises and directs a recreation program at a state lodge, resort, or park.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Develops environmental educational and recreational programs for resort and park visitors.
• Organizes activities; interprets the natural and cultural resources of the park area; leads nature walks.
• Constructs and maintains trails and displays within park nature centers.
• Conducts educational programs for schools, scout groups, and others at locations that may be outside the park itself.
• Prepares and submits required reports, evaluations, and visitor surveys.
• Directs recreational programs and social activities programs for users of state facilities.
• Plans, schedules, coordinates, and directs recreational programs including arts and crafts, land and water sports, table games, hikes, bicycle and horseback riding, hayrides, nature appreciation, and social functions.
• Provides tours of facilities, natural resources, and recreation areas; provides detailed information concerning state facilities or tourist attractions.
• Requests, receives, and accounts for supplies and equipment required and used for all recreation programs; institutes system of control, accountability, and maintenance of supplies and equipment to insure continuous availability to users.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the swimming pools to the requirements of the OK State Department of Health.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the tennis courts, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, and poolside courtyard.
• Must have or obtain CPR certification. Certification must be kept current.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of recreation programs and of methods involved in planning and conducting a recreational program. Knowledge of environmental science and natural and cultural history. Skill in conducting group activities; in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with facility staff or tourists; and, in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in an environmental or biological science or Park and Recreation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the bachelor’s degree.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.