|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||6/28/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
Click link to apply:
About the Position: Under general supervision, the Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) provides peer support services; serves as an advocate; provides information and peer support for consumers in emergency, mobile crisis settings. The RSS performs a wide range of tasks to assist consumers in regaining control of their lives and recovery processes. The RSS will possess the skills to maintain a high level of professionalism, ethics, and interactions with all ODMHSAS stakeholders.
• Five (5) Vacancies
• Application period: June 23, 2022 to July 3, 2022
• Annual Salary: Up to $28,808.00 (Salary is based on certification and experience.)
• Primary Working Hours: Vary to include evenings, nights and weekends.
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED with minimum one year participation in local or national consumer advocacy or knowledge in the area of mental health recovery.
• Has the ability to become a certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist
• Preference may be given to applicants who are current or former consumers of mental health services.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
• Include your experience in mental health recovery.
Great reasons to work for us: ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
About us: Operated by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Carl Albert Community Mental Health Center (CACMHC) is a fully accredited 15-bed psychiatric hospital and outpatient clinic. Other CACMHC offices located in Southeastern Oklahoma are—Holdenville Satellite, Heavener Satellite, Hugo Satellite, Idabel Satellite, Stigler Satellite, Atoka Satellite and Ada PACT.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.