|Date Opened||6/28/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$3,071.17 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary Range: $3071.17 per month
Location: Muskogee county
Benefits: This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee will receive a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Basic Purpose: Responsible for security of and access control to National Guard facilities and compounds in conjunction with the current Force Protection Condition (FPCON) as a Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) certified Armed Security Officer.
• Supervises the security guards at the Camp Gruber Training Center
• Controls access to facility by verifying identity and purpose of individuals seeking entrance to installation
• Provide identification check at gate entrance; properly maintain log on all visitors; provide visitor passes for authorized visitors; greet and assist visitors and vendors; keeps proper count of individuals within the installation
• Monitor facility using video camera system, alarms, and personal inspection
• Physically check each door and vault to ensure they are locked, check armory, facility, and out buildings for intruders and check video monitors on regular basis
• Provide security to the installation to include performing identification checks, and vehicle search. Ensure all personnel present proper identification. Contact National Guard Representative if soldier does not provide proper military identification. Deny entrance to individuals not authorized access
• Perform random vehicle search as warranted by FPCON level and probable cause
• Provide direction and assistance to individuals seeking entrance to the facility and telephone callers, supply information and refer callers to appropriate personnel and departments. Notifies County Sheriff if assistance is warranted
• Prepare documentation, daily log for all incidents and/or security violation or concern
• Provide overall direction for quality performance.
• Required to develop shift rotations, manning of locations, counseling of individuals, and submit request for supplies and equipment
• Maintain a current Armed Security Guard License with the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET).
• Attend CLEET mandated training per year.
• Management of key control program to ensure accountability of facility keys. Conduct key inventory as required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of routine security practices, the ability to follow oral and written instructions; give clear and concise directions; make oral and written reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; effectively evaluate emergency situations. Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices and the ability to supervise the work of others.
• Standing for long periods of time
• Work in all weather conditions
• Able to lift minimum of 15 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• T3 (secret) security clearance (eligibility for national positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• Contingent on passing a physical agility test (PAT) in required time limit, and be required to sign a PAT agreement.
• Contingent on a favorable medical exam
• Contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test.
• Copy of CLEET license
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement “bad” weather)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
Notes: This position is located at Camp Gruber in Braggs, OK.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Education and Experience: Thirty (30) months of experience in security, law enforcement, emergency responder work, or direct care of juveniles in a secure residential facility.
Licenses/Certificates required: Possess a current Armed Security Guard License through the Council on Law Enforcement and Education Training (CLEET).