|Department||Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust|
|Date Opened||6/27/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/22/2022 4:30:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary range $42,000 - $48,000 plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
Please submit resume and cover letter with application.
Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust
Board of Directors
The Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET) is a grant-making agency which serves as a partner and bridge builder for organizations working towards shaping a healthier future for all Oklahomans. TSET provides leadership at the intersections of health by working with coalitions and initiatives across the state, by cultivating innovative and life-changing research, and by working across public and private sectors to develop, support, implement and evaluate innovative, high-impact strategies to improve the public’s health.
TSET is a mission-driven organization that strives to prevent and reduce tobacco use and obesity in Oklahoma. TSET strives to be a healthy employer by creating a supportive environment that encourages employees to eat better, move more and be tobacco free.
TSET seeks an experienced audio/visual storyteller to join its award-winning health communication team.
Must be able to produce, shoot, interview subjects, and edit short and long-form segments in both audio only and audio-visual formats, use of natural sound, and creative editing techniques which will air without a narrative track.
Become familiar with the TSET staff, grantees and partners and grants, people and issues surrounding TSET to generate worthy story ideas.
Willing to work with team members and supervisors to provide and receive input throughout process.
Knowledge of and experience with basic audio-visual equipment and editing programs.
Other news, feature, and public affairs responsibilities as assigned. Projected work assignments will require in-state and occasional overnight travel.
Maintain equipment in proper working order and alert supervisor when equipment needs external repair or updating.
• Produce, record and edit the regular TSET Better Health Podcast
• Produce social/digital/website audio-visual story content
• Recording moving video and still images in the field by operating audio-visual and photographic equipment and writing and producing stories
• Edit on non-linear editing equipment
• Strategically engage in social media from the field
• Maintain equipment in proper working condition
• Work independently under direction of TSET Director of Health Communication
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Salary range $42,000 - $48,000 plus benefits
TSET staff are based in Oklahoma and currently work remotely several days per week in a paperless environment. Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Successful completion of formal education in photojournalism, cinematography, or equivalent training and/or job-related work experience
• Work experience with video recording equipment required
• Experience with non-linear editing system for audio and for audio-visual needs, experience with Adobe Premiere and Audition a plus
• Understanding of visual storytelling with effective pictures, lighting, and audio.
• Understanding of audio storytelling with effective audio and interviews.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Valid driver’s license
• Bachelor Degree in related field
• Ability to work a flexible schedule from office and home office settings
• Ability to shoot and edit with speed and creativity
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to do photography and reporting that requires mobility in variety of indoor and outdoor locations exposed to prevalent weather conditions and terrain
• Ability to travel long distances in state vehicle with some overnight travel possible
• Ability to produce high-quality content across all platforms on deadline
• Ability to produce high-quality monthly podcast