A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Coordinator with OMES you will enjoy:
• Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
• A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Information Services team within OMES.
• Salary is based on education and experience.
• Perform Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning & risk assessment activities
• Develop and maintain a business-critical Disaster Recovery Program that ensures high availability of IT systems and services in a 7x24 service delivery model.
• Participate in Business Continuity planning activities in support of OMES policies and strategic business objectives.
• Develop and maintain disaster recovery and resumption plans and runbooks for the critical processes and systems that are core to the organization’s continued business operations in the event of a disruption.
• Partner with appropriate stakeholders to set recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) for business-critical application and core business services.
• Assist in developing the company’s IT infrastructure strategy and roadmap to incorporate and align with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements.
• Partner with infrastructure and application support teams to develop and maintain executable disaster recovery and systems resilience plans for core business technologies.
• Aide cross functional efforts in risk reviews, mitigation and remediation plans, and business continuity projects. Advance Computer Networking (CN) business and systems resilience planning efforts, including operational readiness and incident response.
• Coordinate vendor relations for IT Disaster Recovery and lead efforts for resilience testing and validation.
• Design, coordinate and execute periodic disaster recovery tests for critical IT services, technology components and business processes including actual failovers to ensure disaster readiness.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to conduct resilience impact analyses, validate processes, collect lessons learned and revise systems resilience plans accordingly.
• Provide reports with recommendations to IT leadership on Disaster Recovery and Business continuity strategy including procedure and technology solutions.
• Collect and provide evidentiary documentation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tests to support internal and external audits.
• Facilitate disaster risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments. Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing disaster recovery service delivery and business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable improvements.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Five years of experience in an information technology field, three years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Knowledge and understanding of Disaster Recovery Contingency planning
• Ability to manage multiple work streams
• Skills in creative problem solving and tactical thinking
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.