|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $35,491.83, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience. Level I - up to $30,159.85 based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment:
OSDH is seeking a full time Construction/Maintenance Technician I or II providing support to Bryan County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34000682. governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Durant, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive .
Level II - up to $35,491.83 based on education and experience.
Positions is assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general/janitorial maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
• Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; erects and maintains scaffolds, sheds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs roofs.
• Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, traps, faucets; makes minor repairs to laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment and other equipment using water, steam air, or other feed line and return or waste disposal lines.
• Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; oils and cleans motors; troubleshoots and makes electrical repairs not requiring a license; maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, such as components, pumps, fans, humidifiers, electric motors, and heat exchangers.
• Installs and maintains locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers, springs and other parts; cuts new or duplicate keys; uses files, hand tools and special equipment to change combinations or shorten tumblers.
• Constructs, maintains and repairs concrete and other foundations; builds retaining walls, walks, fireplaces, chimneys, stairways and similar projects; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder brick, concrete block, stone, terra cotta or other materials.
• Operates, maintains and repairs various types of equipment used in construction and maintenance of building and grounds, such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, cranes or semi-trailer tractors, fork lifts, mowers and edgers.
• General cleaning of the building to keep it maintained and in good condition. Collect and dispose of trash; clean and stock restrooms; vacuum, sweep and mop floors; clean up spills with appropriate equipment; clean and sanitize furniture and other hard services which comes into contact with public.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades; and of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Skill is required to use various tools and equipment, and to construct, maintain or repair various types of structures or equipment. Ability is required to follow written and oral instructions, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is frequently required to talk, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand or walk long periods of time, and use hands to handle, control, feel objects or tools. Occasionally lifting/carrying 80 pounds, 25 pounds frequently, able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds and able to lift and hold overhead up to 40 pounds. Applicants be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Level I - up to $30,159.85 based on education and experience.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Level I: Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level II: Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of four years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.