|Department||Water Resources Board|
|Date Opened||6/23/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Water Resources Board is a state agency responsible for overseeing the complex mission of managing, monitoring, planning for and financing the state's water resources and infrastructure towards reliable future supplies that support strong communities, commerce, and the environment. The agency is seeking a full-time Environmental Program Specialist to join our family of professionals in delivering exceptional services and expertise to Oklahomans.
Position: Environmental Program Specialist II (R20B)
Division: Water Rights Administration
Section: Water Rights Permitting
Salary: $47,500 Annually; comprehensive benefits package includes a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents and more.
Location of Work: 3800 Classen Boulevard; Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Trial Period: 12 months in accordance with (OAC) 260:130-19-30
Travel: Extensive field work, training & conference attendance with extended day and overnight travel is required.
Typical Job Functions:
• Extensively utilize database, ArcGIS, and workflow software to manage portfolio of water permit applications, research water issues, generate maps and update GIS shape files.
• Evaluate and process water right applications for water users in the state.
• Analyze data and documentation, work with applicants, and prepare correspondence to process permit applications.
• Verify annual water use reports, assist permit holders with questions, prepare statistical summaries, and educate the public regarding water use and availability.
• Assist in conducting hydrologic field investigations, report preparation, and resolution of water use interference situations in times of drought.
• Assist in responding to records requests and preparing for and presenting educational training sessions.
• Conduct technical site investigations and collect data to verify water rights applications, well construction, completion of works, dam maintenance, etc.
• Occasional, onsite compliance and enforcement investigations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong communications skills and knowledge, skills and abilities required at this level include knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental quality and sanitation; of biological, microbiological, radiological and chemical analysis; of environmental problems; of sample collection; of laboratory methodologies; of complaint investigations; of the survey and inspection of environmental and sanitary conditions; of consumer protection; of epidemiology; of water and air quality regulations; of hydrological and geological survey methods; and of the principles of ground and surface water geology and hydrology. Ability is required to operate and maintain monitoring and detection equipment; to establish and maintain professional working relationships with others; to write technical reports; to collect samples; to apply research methodologies; to read and interpret plans and specifications of proposed facilities; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Experience with GPS equipment and ArcGIS is preferred but not required. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree with at least 24 semester hours in a physical, natural, or biological science, chemistry, geology, hydrology, physical geography, epidemiology, environmental science, environmental health or civil, agricultural, environmental, geological, or chemical engineering plus one year of professional experience in one of the areas listed; or a master’s degree in a qualifying area.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.