|Department||State Bureau of Investigation|
|Date Opened||6/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||Level II. $80,080.00 / Level III. $93,587.00|
|Full or Part Time||
These four (4) vacancies are located in the Internet Crimes Against Children Unit (Investigative Services Division) at OSBI Headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
Level II. $80,080.00
Level III. $93,587.00
MAJOR WORK DUTIES:
1. Perform forensic examinations and analysis of computers, cell phones, and other items of digital evidence in criminal investigations.
2. Issues report of findings and testifies in court as an expert witness.
3. Receives, manages, and returns evidence associated with cases submitted for forensic analysis. Ensures that the integrity of the evidence is protected by following standard procedures and evidence handling policies.
4. Maintains forensic computer systems and software. Maintains related assigned equipment and any certifications or special qualifications.
5. Trains law enforcement officers, district attorneys, and other requestors on issues related to digital/computer evidence.
Successful applicants must be willing to submit to a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation (commissioned positions only), and a thorough background investigation. Certain events automatically disqualify an applicant, such as, felony conviction; admission of an undetected crime that, if known, would have been a felony charge; failure to pay federal or state income tax; positive confirmed drug urine test; illegal use of a controlled substance within certain time frames.
Level I: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Level II: Requirements include those identified in Level I plus one year of experience working full-time as a Criminalist in a position in which the applicant performed forensic analysis full-time in digital work directly related to criminal prosecutions.
Level III: Requirements include those identified in Level II plus two years of experience working full-time as a Criminalist in a position in which the applicant performed forensic analysis full-time in digital work directly related to criminal prosecutions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer/digital forensics.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.