|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/21/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/1/2022 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
This position will cover multiple counties, the duty station will be determined upon hire.
Counties Covered: Pottawatomie, Seminole, Hughes, Grady, and McClain.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse III providing support to Region 6. This is a state employee position 34003187, governed by the Civil Service Rules. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $61,518.00, based on education and experience.
This position will provide direct care services at county health departments with primary responsibility being quality improvement efforts of clinical services and management of community health initiatives such as chronic disease programs and childhood vaccination efforts to improve health outcomes.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks that may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; functions of various clinical departments; of health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients; families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care; to develop, plan and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Position requires job related travel. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two years of professional nursing experience, OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year professional nursing experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF
HEALTH CLICK HERE