|Department||Department of Rehabilitation Services|
|Date Opened||6/16/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Annoucement.|
|Full or Part Time||
Position Title/Code/Level: Training Specialist, Level II, C41B
Location: MSD Professional Development Unit – Oklahoma City
Monthly/Annual Salary: $3,832.86 Monthly / $45,994.32 Annually
This position is responsible for the development and facilitation of online training using software applications and other technologies to streamline professional development for agency staff; consulting with subject matter experts to determine the content and efficiency of course materials; facilitating training delivery using virtual formats (Zoom & Teams); assisting with course design and transferring courses into online formats (Ex. Articulate Rise 360); assisting with the creation of instructional materials: courses, curriculum, guides, or training materials; creating visual, audio, and interactive learning tools.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel.
Trial period (if applicable) is required.
The Department of Rehabilitation Services will conduct a criminal background check on new hires as part of an offer of employment that is made contingent upon a successful criminal background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Required at this level include knowledge of adult education principles and techniques; of classroom and virtual training principles; of various types of equipment and materials used in conducting training; of curriculum development methods and techniques; and of software used for rapid online course development. Ability is required to conduct classroom training, workshops, or seminars (virtually and in-person); to use video, audio, and other types of equipment to present training; to gather information to use in developing training courses; to communicate effectively; to use small group facilitation tools; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to plan and organize adult education courses and facilitation activities; and to plan and evaluate training activities.
The Department of Rehabilitation Services provides a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave for the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Method of Application: ALL SOURCES – Applicants without previous state service OR currently in trial period status, must apply through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services OKJOBS on-line External Listings applicant system (www.jobaps.com/ok/). Current State of Oklahoma employees with permanent status in state service must apply through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services OKJOBS on-line Internal Listings applicant system (www.jobaps.com/OK/promo.asp
For questions regarding specific duties or details of this job, please contact Human Resources at HR@okdrs.gov
For inquiries on the application process or general application inquiries, please contact Applicant Services at (405) 521-2177.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Level II - requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience in education or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience in education or training; or a master's degree in adult education or human resource development.
• Demonstrated expertise in instructional design and learning theories
• Demonstrated expertise in using technologies to enhance student learning.
• Proficiency in designing, developing, and evaluating instructional materials and programs.
• Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) – Workday preferred.
• Ability to convey complex information in an understandable, conversational manner.
• Must possess excellent oral, written, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Facilitating training delivery using virtual formats (Zoom & Teams).
• Assisting with course design and transferring courses into online formats (Ex. Articulate Rise 360).
• Must be organized and able to work on multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
• Must be timely.
• Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
• Demonstrated experience with creation and delivery of accessible training or presentation material.
• Familiarity with ICT accessibility policy such as Oklahoma’s Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility statute, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and broader civil rights legislation (ADA, Rehabilitation Act).
• Familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and 2.1 AA.
• Ability to create web and non-web content that is accessible.
• Familiarity and experience in using various web accessibility testing tools such as WAVE, TPG Colour Contrast Analyser, browser element inspector, etc.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.