|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||6/15/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary: Up to $26,380.00|
|Full or Part Time||
ODVA is seeking a full time Linen and Clothing Specialist I - Providing support to the Linens Department. This is a state employee position located in Lawton, Oklahoma. ODVA offers a comprehensive, https://oklahoma.gov/omes/careers1/benefits.html including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits.html. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Salary – Up to 26,380.00
Positions in this job family perform tasks involving laundry work, sewing, alterations, and mending at a state institution, school or facility. This includes sorting, washing and maintaining clothing, linens, and draperies.
• Operates washers, dryers, mangles, pressers and irons.
• Sews by hand or machine, mends, alters and repairs clothing and linen articles; constructs, maintains and hangs draperies.
• Places clothes on hangers, wraps bundles in paper with identifying tickets, and prepares for delivery.
• Performs minor machine maintenance and repair; cleans and oils machines; and maintains cleanliness of work area.
• Maintains adequate level of sewing materials, clothing and linens for an assigned area; collects, weighs and counts laundry. Level Descriptor Level Descriptor This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing routine entry level work in a training status to build their skills in washing clothing and linen, operating laundry and sewing equipment, and sewing, altering, mending, repairing and maintaining clothing, linen, draperies and miscellaneous items. In this role they will load and operate washers, dryers and other laundry equipment, sort clothing to be cleaned, fold items after washing or repairing, and prepare items for delivery. They will also sew by hand or machine, following patterns, cutting garments, and altering and repairing clothing and other items.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of sewing techniques. Ability is required to operate a sewing machine; to fit and alter clothing; to operate various laundry equipment; to follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Special Requirements Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of lifting/carrying 40 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently and able to push and pull a maximum force of 30 pounds. Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Education and Experience: None required.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.