|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/15/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2022 3:15:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,833.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Educator II providing support to the Washington County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003720 governed by the Civil Service Rules. The duty station will be determined upon hire. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $43,833.00 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education/promotion programs. This is the specialist level where incumbents are assigned advanced level responsibilities for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education programs such as serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
• Other duties as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of public health problems, principles and practices; of theoretical concepts of health behavior and application of such; of group organization and leadership; of community infrastructure development; of current social and economic problems as they relate to public health; of statistical methods; of basic epidemiology; and of grant preparation. Ability is required to speak to the public; to organize communities, establish and facilitate coalitions, and direct groups; to prepare a variety of educational materials, such as pamphlets, bulletins, oral presentations, articles for publication, newsletters and curricula; to use personal computers and applicable software such as word processing and digital/video presentation; and to show cultural competence in working with diverse populations. Ability is required to coordinate and carry out advanced level projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health, or Nursing PLUS one year of experience in public health education or community development.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.