|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $50,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) is a fast-paced, rapidly growing agency that is charged with regulating and licensing the medical marijuana industry in Oklahoma. OMMA will become a standalone state agency, separating from the Oklahoma State Health Department (OSDH) as of November 1, 2022. This change is per SB1543, which was signed by Governor Kevin Stitt on May 11, 2022.
Every position at OMMA brings an opportunity to build out new policies and procedures using innovative and creative problem-solving. With any opportunity, challenges rear their heads. Candidates must be willing to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle challenges in order to succeed at OMMA. We are an agency that will not settle for status quo or complacency. Candidates must be willing to work hard to help OMMA be the best at what we are entrusted to do.
If this sounds like a challenge you are willing to take on, we look forward to reviewing your application!
OMMA is seeking a full time AP/AR Specialist. This is a state employee governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $50,000, based on education and experience.
This position will prepare and post information on ledgers and accounts, prepares financial statements and reports, and analyzes financial data.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling, preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization of payment.
• Reviews, analyzes and presents financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports, to determine funding requirements.
• Prepares financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budget work programs.
• Maintains various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as required.
• Reviews and processes expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems. Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of bookkeeping for each year of the required degree.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.