|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $50,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) is a fast-paced, rapidly growing agency that is charged with regulating and licensing the medical marijuana industry in Oklahoma. OMMA will become a standalone state agency, separating from the Oklahoma State Health Department (OSDH) as of November 1, 2022. This change is per SB1543, which was signed by Governor Kevin Stitt on May 11, 2022.
Every position at OMMA brings an opportunity to build out new policies and procedures using innovative and creative problem-solving. With any opportunity, challenges rear their heads. Candidates must be willing to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle challenges in order to succeed at OMMA. We are an agency that will not settle for status quo or complacency. Candidates must be willing to work hard to help OMMA be the best at what we are entrusted to do.
If this sounds like a challenge you are willing to take on, we look forward to reviewing your application!
OMMA is seeking a full time Payroll Specialist. This is a state employee governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $50,000, based on education and experience. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position will be responsible for preparing various reports that analyze payroll and time and leave data for the agency. This position will also be responsible for processing changes in tax status, direct deposits, and payroll deductions. This position will provide assistance and guidance to employees, handling issues from routine to complex regarding payroll and time and leave matters. This position reconciles employee’s deductions against invoices or bills every pay period and mails out warrants and documentation. This position maintains and files confidential employee records in the Payroll file room and maintains the department record retention/disposition of payroll records. This position will also serve as back-up to entering employee data into the agencies Time & Labor system.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Analyze and compute information to process agency payrolls utilizing spreadsheets. Prepares various reports for Human Resources reporting FMLA, Workers Compensation, Disability, and Temporary Employees. Prepares reports that analyze payroll and time and leave data for the agency.
• Provides assistance and guidance to employees handling routine to complex issues regarding payroll and time and leave matters; interpreting agency policy as well as State Statue and Merit Rules.
• Reconciles employee deductions against invoices/billings; reviews all payroll deduction warrants and EFT payroll deduction payments and mails warrants and documentation within two days of receipt.
• Maintains and files confidential employee records in the Payroll file room. Maintains the Payroll Department's record retention/disposition of payroll records.
• Processes all W-4's, Automatic Direct Deposit Forms, and voluntary deductions. Charts employees' object codes into the agency's accounting system.
• Serves as a back-up to entering employees into the agency's time & leave database PAS.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems. Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.