|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) is a fast-paced, rapidly growing agency that is charged with regulating and licensing the medical marijuana industry in Oklahoma. OMMA will become a standalone state agency, separating from the Oklahoma State Health Department (OSDH) as of November 1, 2022. This change is per SB1543, which was signed by Governor Kevin Stitt on May 11, 2022.
Every position at OMMA brings an opportunity to build out new policies and procedures using innovative and creative problem-solving. With any opportunity, challenges rear their heads. Candidates must be willing to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle challenges in order to succeed at OMMA. We are an agency that will not settle for status quo or complacency. Candidates must be willing to work hard to help OMMA be the best at what we are entrusted to do.
If this sounds like a challenge you are willing to take on, we look forward to reviewing your application!
OMMA is seeking a full time HR Assistant. This is a state employee governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $43,000, based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment
The HR Assistant will perform routine professional-level work in completing various personnel management activities and tasks. This may include reviewing personnel actions, evaluating job applications, conducting interviews, supporting HR staff in all administrative tasks, preparing certificates of eligible candidates for various positions, completing job audits, developing selection devices and other activities.
• Sort, organize and scan documents following specific guidelines
• Post jobs, and monitor open and close dates
• Perform employment verifications
• Complete background checks on potential new hires
• Track and file all employee PMPs
• Sort and deliver mail within the HR department
• Monitor HR inbox, answer general questions, and route emails to correct employee as needed
• Track and update reports for 999 employees, FMLA hours, and PeopleSoft variances
• PeopleSoft, BAS, and OPERS data entry
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Collaborates with every department in OMMA to effectively and creatively solve problems.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• Knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures
• Knowledge of records maintenance and business communications
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, laws and policies.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bachelor’s degree or four years of technical human resources management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.