|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/3/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time IIS De-Duplication Specialist providing support to Immunization Service. This is a state employee position PIN 34002334 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This Position is time-limited to June 30, 2024.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the data quality of the Oklahoma Immunization Information System (OSIIS) by merging/de-duplicating patient records as needed.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Merging/de-duplicating patient records.
• Entering new or corrected data submitted by paper or generated in list form.
• Data cleansing activities on incoming and existing data.
• Tracking compliance to IIS Functional Standards.
• Recommending system enhancements as needed.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge: Applicable federal and state laws, statutes, and policies regarding health information, security, privacy, and management of confidential data; Oklahoma Immunization Information System (OSIIS); and IIS Functional Standards.
• Skills: Skilled in communicating the role of public health within the health system and community to diverse audiences for establishing effective working relationships; communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences in both written and verbal methods; to plan, organize, and prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
• Abilities: Plan, organize, and prioritize projects, time, and workload assignments; evaluate information and make recommendations about approaches, methods, and practices to meet agency and programmatic needs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Occasional travel required.
• Two years of experience in a health-related field that included data management and collaboration with federal and/or state programs.
• Or an associate degree in Health Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.