|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||5/28/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Jim Taliaferro Community Health Center in Lawton, OK.
Join a team that CARES! Here at ODMHSAS, we believe in I.C.A.R.E. – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Our mission is to promote healthy communities and provide the highest quality care to enhance the well-being of all Oklahomans. We take that very seriously – because we care!
About the Position: The Director of Nursing (DON) administers the nursing program at Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center (JTCMHC) to maintain accreditation standards of patient care. The DON is responsible for the operation of nursing services, including determining the types and numbers of nursing personnel and staff necessary to provide nursing care for all areas of the hospital. Functions at the senior leadership level of the hospital and assumes an active leadership role in the hospital’s decision-making structure and process.
• Full Time
• Location: Inpatient-Lawton, OK
• Annual Salary: $80,000+
• Primary Working Hours are typically Monday - Friday 8 am – 5 pm but can vary based on the needs of the facility
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Contract options available
Minimum Qualifications and Experience: Possession of a valid permanent OK Registered Nurse license as approved by the OK State Board of Nursing, and a Master’s in Business or Public Administration, a Mental Health or Health related field, or a Nursing related field and four (4) years of experience as a Registered Nurse performing professional psychiatric nursing, two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisory capacity.
Possession of a valid permanent OK Registered Nurse license as approved by the OK State Board of Nursing, and a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a Mental Health or Health related field, or a Nursing related field; and five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse performing professional psychiatric nursing two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisory capacity.
Possession of a valid permanent OK Registered Nurse license as approved by the OK State Board of Nursing; and seven (7) years of experience as a registered nurse performing professional psychiatric nursing two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisory capacity.
• Preference given to applicants who possess a postgraduate degree in nursing or a related field, which may include health care administration or business administration.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work with Us: ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Total Compensation Package ranges from $108,073 - $120,517 depending on the number of dependents covered!
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
About Us: Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center (JTCMHC) in Lawton, OK is a community-based center with a primary focus on mental health and substance abuse treatment. The inpatient and outpatient services they provide include special groups and programs for adolescents, persons with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, seniors and older adults, women, men, and criminal justice groups.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.