A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Procurement Specialist with you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Agency Business Service division within OMES.
• Salary up to $50,000 based on experience and education.
• Ability to telework part-time.
• Maintain and utilize state P-Card according to State Purchasing Card procedures set forth by Central Purchasing for multiple agencies.
• Processes all change orders & purchase orders based upon delegated authority.
• Reviews requisitions submitted by state agencies to determine requirements.
• Completes all necessary paperwork prior to sending to DCAM State Leasing, DCAM/Construction and Properties, Central Purchasing, and OMES/ISD on behalf of agency.
• Develops and maintains confidential or complex files.
• Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies.
• Must obtain knowledge of all purchasing reports and each agencies departmental funding.
• Responsible for ALL contract renewals for each assigned agency. The contract renewal log should be provided to assigned service agencies by January 1st of each year w/any exceptions documented.
• Interprets and advises internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws.
• Represents the agency at public and private sector meetings.
• Advises agency personnel on departmental rules, regulations and laws; assists agencies in the development of procedures to ensure conformance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
● Office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday..
● Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• A Bachelor of Business Administration or related field from an accredited four year college or university; and a minimum of two (2) years direct work experience in utilization of strategic methodologies in sourcing, data analysis, procurement process and management of contracts OR;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Certification as a State of Oklahoma Certified Procurement Officer.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.