|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/27/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2022 6:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,000-$43,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) is a fast-paced, rapidly growing agency that is charged with regulating and licensing the medical marijuana industry in Oklahoma. OMMA will become a standalone state agency, separating from the Oklahoma State Health Department (OSDH) as of November 1, 2022. This change is per SB1543, which was signed by Governor Kevin Stitt on May 11, 2022.
Every position at OMMA brings an opportunity to build out new policies and procedures using innovative and creative problem-solving. With any opportunity, challenges rear their heads. Candidates must be willing to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle challenges in order to succeed at OMMA. We are an agency that will not settle for status quo or complacency. Candidates must be willing to work hard to help OMMA be the best at what we are entrusted to do.
If this sounds like a challenge you are willing to take on, we look forward to reviewing your application!
OMMA is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant within the Compliance department. This is a state employee governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is $38,000 to $43,000, based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for OMMA. This may include supervising an administrative or clerical unit, responsibility for an administration program providing various services to agency customers, and similar duties and responsibilities. It may also include responsibility for supervising an assigned staff of administrative technicians in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or licenses, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
• Enters and retrieves information using multiple types of computer software and licensing systems.
• Reviews documentation, validates application materials and verifies complex documents for accuracy and processes applications; prepares and submits response to customers.
• Develops and organizes reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Assures daily operations procedures are adhered to and licenses are processed from end to end as described by law.
• Assists customers and program management professionally with highly confidential licensing and personal matters; provides customers guidance on applications, rules and procedures.
• Maintains a variety of records, such as inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures.
• Reconciles departmental records with central records.
• Prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
• Ensures IT inventory is updated and correct.
• Prepares out of office travel arrangements for staff to include securing approvals and routing appropriately.
• Initiates and handles correspondence professionally.
• Updates staff on agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information.
• Opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail.
• Performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data. Assists customers in securing needed information or helps facilitate a transfer to the appropriate staff
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Collaborates with every department in OMMA to effectively and creatively solve problems.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Requires high level of communication skills using all types of communication methods. Experience using Microsoft Office 365 is a must.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, and 3 years of technical clerical office work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.