|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/26/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Salary: $7,093.32 monthly
Positions in this job are assigned responsibilities of administering the Technology Systems Management Unit (TSM), the Communications Device Unit (CDU), and the employees assigned to those units.
• Coordinates reports and audits of TSM and CDU products and services.
• Maintains positive and productive communications and working relationships with all staff, upper management, and other state agencies to ensure the delivery of quality services. Provides ongoing professional consultation and the proper interpretation and application of agency rules and policies.
• Monitors expenditures through vendors and service providers for the CDU and TSM; manages assigned budget.
• Recommends new and/or revised policies, regulations, training, and procedures as they relate to technology systems, communication devices, and agency operations as a whole, in order to ensure compliance with current standards.
• Analyzes the unit’s activities and provides regular updates and administrative developments to agency management and internal/external stakeholders.
• Performs special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of Information Technology; of sources, tools, and services in securing and evaluating data; of cross referencing filing procedures; and of technical writing. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to present complex material in a clear and concise manner; to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of others; to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to organize and manage several projects simultaneously; and to analyze complex and security sensitive situations and adopt an appropriate course of action.
Job Code: 1930 Effective Date: 03/01/2022
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer or mobile communication device science or closely related field, and four (4) years of supervisory experience in information technology, or mobile device related fields.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license at the time of appointment and retain a valid driver’s license while assigned to this job classification.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.