|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/26/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/9/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to 60,500.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Clinical Social Worker III providing support to Pottawatomie County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34004147 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Shawnee, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position are up to $60,500.00 based on education and experience. This is a time limited position funded through 06/30/2024.
This position will support all clinic programs by providing a referral resource and a mechanism to link clients to much needed services, closing the gap in their health care. Additionally, this individual will support community health activities by supporting the development and implementation of a community health worker program within region of county health departments and in conjunction with mobile clinic services.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Manages a caseload and provides clinical social services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
• Provides individual, groups, or family therapy to individuals with psychological, medical, neurological, speech/language, and/or developmental problems.
• Evaluates the needs of individuals and families, obtains psychosocial history; assesses needs and links individuals and families with available psychological, health and social services.
• Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to assess treatment needs; coordinates treatment activities and provides input into the development of treatment plans.
• Acts as an advocate for the client; supports self-advocacy efforts, and supports client in exercising rights, choices and responsibilities.
• Participates in staff conferences for the purpose of overall program planning.
• Consults with individual and community organizations on the improvement of existing resources.
• Creates linkages of care across the public health system with particular attention to the social determinants of health
• Provides education, consultation, and technical assistance to professional staff, community organizations, agencies and other groups.
• Provides supervision to community health workers and supports statewide CHW programming
• Provides social work services in office with rotation of services on the mobile health unit.
Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This is the specialist level where employees perform complex and difficult clinical social work services, and provide both program delivery and client intervention functions requiring intensive case management activities and extensive professional, diagnostic and treatment activities. Conducts family and individual therapy with only minimal supervision. Acts as client’s advocate with outside service agencies. Advocates on behalf of broader social issues that affect client populations. Participates in community organization activities with private, community, and public groups and agencies in the development of community resources. Some employees at this level may act as back-up supervisor, or serve as an assistant to the clinical social worker supervisor. Supervisory duties at this level consist of providing consultation, guidance and assistance to lower-level clinical social workers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Combination of office, vehicle, and homes. Travel may include traveling during inclement weather.
Work Related Travel is Required with the potential for exposure to inclement weather conditions while traveling to and from locations across the counties Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Requirements at this level consist of a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and four years of professional social work experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.