|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/26/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $32,011.84, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Administrative Technician III providing support to Texas County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34000024 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Guymon, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $32,011.84, based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, assisting agency customers with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area, processing various types of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment, and similar duties.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Maintains a variety of records such as perpetual inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures; reconciles departmental records with central records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
• Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
• Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
• Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
• Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies used in office or shop operations; receives or delivers materials and equipment.
• Reviews and process claims from vendors, contractors, medical providers and others for reimbursement or payment under various state programs.
• Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides transportation or other assistance to clients as required.
• This is the specialist level where employees will independently perform most complex and technical duties, such as preparing presentations through manipulation of data, or preparing documents for audits or special reports. Some responsibility may be assigned for the functional supervision of other employees on a limited basis.
Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of office methods and procedures; and of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics. Skill is required to operate office machines including computers/PCs. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Plus knowledge of preparing and interpreting charts and graphs; of basic bookkeeping procedures; of mathematics; of inventory techniques; of telephone procedures; and of standard business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain filing systems and to prepare documents. Plus knowledge of current office technologies; and ability to prepare documents, reports, and files for dissemination to external sources.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of clerical office experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|