|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) IV
Job Code: Y11D
Salary Band: J
ODVA is seeking a full- time LPN, Wound Nurse to provide wound care to its Residents. This is a state employee position located in Claremore, Oklahoma. ODVA offers a comprehensive benefits package https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits/benefits-department/benefit-enrollment-guides.html , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link for Plan Year 2022 https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits/benefits-department/plan-year-2022.html.
The annual salary for this position is up to $44,333.00 based on education and experience.
The LPN, Wound Nurse is responsible for the assessment, treatment, and management of patient wounds under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes educating the patient and others of the proper care and treatment of skin issues as well as preventative measures.
• Perform nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure
• Participate in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care
• Assess the patient's nutritional status to determine the patient's potential to heal
• Participate in the evaluation of responses to interventions
• Treat or manage all the types of open wounds, scars, skin infections, or skin tears
• Treat or manage vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and all the other type of ulcers
• Dress wounds and provide instruction on how to dress the wound and proper treatment to others
• Implement preventive measures in order to reduce the incidences of ulcers and wounds
• Assess, report, document and record status of conditions and patient health daily
• Administer medications as ordered
• Report appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member
• Supervise staff performing medication administration and patient care
• Supervision of assigned staff and completion of performance evaluations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and sanitation and personal hygiene. Ability to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients and clients. Ability to monitor and direct the work of others.
Some positions may require that applicants be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
ODVA has designated this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing with at least three (3) years of practical nursing experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.