|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual Salary $42,853.02/ $1.44 hr. shift diff for 3-11 & 11-7 shifts.|
|Full or Part Time||
* Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
* Flexible spending
* 11 paid holidays
* 15 days paid vacation
* 15 days paid sick leave
* Retirement savings plan with generous company match
* Longevity bonus for years of service
Licensed Practical Nurse
Annual Salary: $42,853.02/ $1.44 hr. shift diff for 3-11 & 11-7 shifts. All shifts available.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinic, hospital, institution, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
This is the basic level of the job family where employees perform routine entry-level tasks under close professional supervision and in a training status to build their skills in providing nursing care as a licensed practical nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory; of medical terminology; and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Some positions may require that applicants be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing plus two years of practical nursing experience; or Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) plus two years of practical nursing experience (Preferred).
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|