|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
OFFICE OF OPERATIONAL SUPPORT, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov
Under direction of the Chief of Operations, perform professional work involved in the coordination of duties and activities associated with the day-to-day operations of the Division; deliver a high level of customer service to constituents of the Division.
• Pro-active and works independently with service-minded attitude;
• Organized in tracking, progress, scheduling and taking notes and record keeping;
• Ability to recognize when contracts, data, and records are wrong, incomplete, or missing; paying close attention to the accuracy of dollar amounts and dates;
• Use business English in communication and utilize of tools to correct spelling and punctuation;
• Communicate concisely but clearly with facts and avoiding making assumptions and guesses;
• Ability to edit in MS Word, manage records in Excel, schedule in and communicate in Outlook, organize and prepare documents for signature in Adobe
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions;
• Ability to utilize the experience and available resources in solving problems;
• Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide direct support duties for the agency Procurement Officers;
• Create, name, and update requisition folders;
• File and upload contracts, Purchase Orders, and other documents ;
• Distribute documents to Purchasing Officers, division customers, and other parties;
• Manage the master contract list-communicate with divisions about contracts due for renewal;
• Update requisitions assignment list through the use of spreadsheet;
• Create agenda and take down minutes of the meetings with customers;
• Perform vendor disbarment checks through designated searches;
• Submit requisitions for Operations and Comptroller offices;
• Post request for proposals on the website;
• Comply with archiving policies;
• Track requisition approvals;
• Perform P-Card purchases;
• Maintain logs for documents received;
• Read and distribute mail addressed to the Operational Support Division; compose official correspondence;
• Receive callers; screen callers and visitors; resolve problems or route callers or visitors to appropriate Purchasing Officer for action;
• Provide back–up support and other duties for the Facilities Management program;
• Arrange conferences and meetings; maintain calendars, advise of commitments;
• Arrange for travel, itinerary, and accommodations; prepare and submit travel claims;
• Maintain inventories of supplies, equipment, and materials; may maintain simple budgets or accounts;
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
0-10% Travel required.
This position is not eligible to telework.
General office setting
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis;
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check.
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS NOTE: One year of college, business school or business/office-related vocational education may be substituted for each year of the required experience [official transcript(s) required upon hire]. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proof of high school diploma or GED;
• Four (4) years of clerical and/or accounting experience.
• Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university [official transcript(s) required upon hire].
NOTE: One year of college, business school or business/office-related vocational education may be substituted for each year of the required experience [official transcript(s) required upon hire].
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.