|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF INNOVATION, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov
Under general direction and in accordance with state and federal laws, Chief Innovation Officer/Deputy Superintendent of Federal Programs and regulations of the State Board of Education, perform work of accounting nature, professional and administrative grants management duties for the Centers for Disease Control ELC Reopening Schools: Support for Screening Testing to Reopen & Keep Schools Operating Safely grant program – a partnership between the OK Department of Education and the OK Department of Health – to support grantees in meeting federal program guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is funded by the ELC Reopening School Grant ending Sept 30, 2023. It is the goal of the Oklahoma State Department of Education to apply for more funding if it becomes available.
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures and techniques of business communications; of modern office management principles, methods and procedures; of administrative survey techniques and skill in their applications; some knowledge of statistical and research methods;
• Knowledge of the procedures and techniques of grant claims processing;
• Skill in accurate data entry and grant system processing; proficiency in the use of a 10-key calculator by touch;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to follow instructions; to deal effectively with matters not requiring higher level attention in accordance with agency policy; to establish effective working relations with other employees and the public; to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative.
• Technology and Microsoft Office skills, and the ability to maximize efficiency and services, including the e-grant processing and payment of fiscal claims;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Examine claims and revisions, and distribute to the appropriate personnel for approval. Audit the claims according to the policies and procedures of the Oklahoma Cost Accounting Manual and in accordance with federal programs requirements;
• Maintain division by coordinating office operations and procedures; prepare requisitions and travel arrangements; prepare and distribute reports, spreadsheets, and presentations; organize and maintain filing systems, databases and web-based systems; evaluate existing procedures, design and implement procedural improvements; prepare and executive service tickets;
• Communicate with school districts and assist with questions concerning claims or budget revisions; distribute division correspondence;
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
No travel required.
This position is not eligible to telework.
General office setting
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis;
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration; [official transcript(s) required].
• One year of experience in finance, auditing or accounting.
PLEASE NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of finance, auditing or accounting experience for each year of the required education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in education and/or federal programs;
• Experience in administrative support.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.