|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Hourly $11.68 Annual salary $ 24,300.00|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Housekeeping/Custodial Worker I
Annual salary $ 24,300.00
• Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
• Generous incentive programs
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
Levels are distinguished based on the complexity of assigned duties, the level of expertise required for completion of work assignments, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others.
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 40 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by?63 O.S. § 427.8.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of none.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|