Great Plains State Park in Mountain Park, OK.
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume with application.
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time Maintenance I to provide maintenance repairs at Great Plains State Park in Mountain Park, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $28,356.
Under the supervision of the Park Manager performs semiskilled and skilled tasks in one or more of the building trades.
Incumbents perform semiskilled and skilled tasks involving the general maintenance and upkeep of facilities on state-owned property including buildings, plumbing, heating, electrical and other systems and equipment or machinery; may assist skilled craft workers such as carpenters, electricians, painters, and other technicians in completing assigned tasks. Incumbents may also provide functional supervision to laborers, inmates or students assigned as helpers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Erects, maintains, and repairs various types of buildings, sheds, scaffolds, forms, frames, fences, and other structures; alters, repairs, and maintains doors, floors, partitions; stairways, windows, screens, and miscellaneous wooden fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs various types of roofs.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs valves, faucets, traps, sinks, wash bowls, water, sewage, gas, air and steams lines, bends, cuts, reams, and threads pipe using stocks and dies, power threaders and power saws; cleans and maintains various hand and power tools; installs, maintains and repairs wiring, power appliances, light fixtures, receptacles, and switches; replaces light bulbs; utilizes standard and specialized electrical test apparatus such as voltammeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
• Constructs and maintains concrete and other foundations for buildings, machinery, and equipment; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder block, concrete block, and stone; constructs form and mixes and finishes concrete.
• Prepares new and old surfaces for finishing by use of sandpaper, burners, scrapers, brushers, and sanding machines; putties, plasters, caulks or otherwise fills and repairs cracks and holes; applies finish by brush roller or spray gun.
• Operates trucks and other motorized vehicles in performance of assigned duties; performs minor maintenance on motorized vehicles.
• Contacts service providers to coordinate projects.
• Cleans and maintains tools, equipment, and facility.
• Supervises laborers, inmates and/or student helpers.
• Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and methods utilized in the building trades, and of the hazards and safety precautions of the building trades.
Skill in following oral and written instructions and in performing building maintenance and repair.
Two (2) years of experience in one or more of the building trades; OR and equivalent combination of education/training and experience in the building trades.
To operate state-owned vehicles in the performance of regularly assigned duties; successful applicant must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.