|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/25/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/13/2022 2:15:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $18.00 hour, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. OSDH is seeking part-time Temporary Administrative Technician III position providing support to Pittsburg County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003651 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in McAlester, Oklahoma. The hourly salary for this position is up to $18.00, based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment: Travel Requirements:
This position is assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, and assisting clients with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area. This is the specialist level where employees will independently perform most complex and technical duties such as preparing documents for audits or special reports.
• Maintains a variety of records such as perpetual inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures; reconciles departmental records with central records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
• Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
• Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
• Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
• Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies used in office or shop operations; receives or delivers materials and equipment.
• Supervises staff and activities involved in the performance of specialized or technical work, which involves the exercise of independent judgment; develops operational procedures and trains staff.
• Reviews and processes claims from vendors, contractors, medical providers and others for reimbursement or payment under various state programs.
• Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides transportation or other assistance to clients as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of office methods and procedures; of grammar, punctuation and spelling; of mathematics; of preparing and interpreting charts and graphs; of basic bookkeeping procedures; of inventory techniques; of telephone procedures; of standard business communications; and of current office technologies. Skill is required to operate office machines including computers. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to establish and maintain filing systems; and to prepare documents, reports, and files for dissemination to external sources.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Travel may be required as needed.
OSDH is seeking part-time Temporary Administrative Technician III position providing support to Pittsburg County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003651 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in McAlester, Oklahoma. The hourly salary for this position is up to $18.00, based on education and experience.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of clerical office experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.