|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.68-$17.68/hourly (Dependent on Experience)|
|Full or Part Time||
ODVA is seeking full time Food Service Specialist providing support to Food Service Department. This is a state employee position located in Sulphur, Oklahoma. ODVA offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits/benefits-department/benefit-enrollment-guides.html), including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link for Plan Year 2022 (https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits/benefits-department/plan-year-2022.html). The rate for this position is up to $17.68 per hour based on education and experience.
Food Service Specialist I (Z20A)
Salary Hourly: $12.68-$17.68
· Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
· Flexible spending
· 11 paid holidays
· 15 days paid vacation
· 15 days paid sick leave
· Retirement savings plan with generous company match
· Longevity bonus for years of service
Positions in this job family are involved in handling, preparing, cooking and serving food for regular, modified and special diets at a state hospital, school, facility or institution. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
· Prepares foods, salads, and desserts; cooks or bakes a variety of items.
· Supplies unit with meat, fish or fowl as ordered; cuts and prepares meat, poultry or fish.
· Cleans and prepares foods using tools such as knives, slicers and peelers and equipment such as ovens and steamers; follows written diet orders.
· Operates dishwasher; gathers, cleans, stacks and hand washes or scours pots, pans, dishes, silverware and other cooking and baking utensils.
· Removes refuse from kitchen area; sweeps mops and scrubs kitchen, dining and storage areas.
· Labels, loads and delivers food carts or trays; picks up trays after use.
· Defrosts and cleans refrigerators, walk-in coolers and related equipment.
· Operates state-owned cars, vans, and/or other motorized transportation.
This is the basic level where employees are assigned simple and routine duties of handling, preparing, and serving food. In this role they will perform tasks such as preparing toast, tea, and coffee, and maintaining the cleanliness of the food service area.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Include knowledge of basic food preparation techniques; of food service operations; of proper sanitation practices; and of basic mathematics. Ability is required to carry out routine tasks to completion; to follow oral and written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience:
· None required.
Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License at time of appointment. Some positions within the Office of Juvenile Affairs may require applicants to be able to lift 25 pounds. Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical
examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of lifting/carrying 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and able to push and pull a maximum force of 50 pounds.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|