Non-Capital Trial Division - Norman, OK
|Department||Indigent Defense System|
|Date Opened||5/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||The annual salary for this position is up to $40,000.00, dependent on experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The following documents are required to be submitted with your application.
1. Letter of Interest
OKLAHOMA INDIGENT DEFENSE SYSTEM
Non-Capital Trial Division
The Oklahoma Indigent Defense System (OIDS) is a state agency responsible for implementing the Indigent Defense Act by providing trial, appellate and post-conviction criminal defense services to persons who have been judicially determined to be entitled to legal counsel.
OIDS is currently seeking a full-time Receptionist in our Norman office, under the direction of our Non-Capital Trial Division.
• Answer, screen, and forward incoming calls on multi-line phone system.
• General office duties including filing, photocopying, and faxing.
• Greet and direct visitors.
• Maintain confidential and complex filing systems.
• Maintain division’s office supply inventory.
• Prepare correspondence or other materials.
• Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
• Receive and route incoming deliveries.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of maintaining complex records.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs.
• Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to handle confidential work.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to type proficiently.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in a climate-controlled office setting that is a fast paced and energetic atmosphere, with exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of sitting with daily use of computer, phone and various office equipment.
• Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
• A comprehensive benefit package (https://oklahoma.gov/omes/services/employee-benefits) with a generous benefit allowance (https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/omes/documents/2022BenefitEnrollmentGuide.pdf#page=3) to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
The annual salary for this position is up to $40,000.00, dependent on experience.
OIDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills; customer service attitude; multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to respond to changing priorities; exceptional initiative with the ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively, and handle confidential information with discretion; solid written and verbal communication skills; and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience in a full-time administrative support position is preferred.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.