|Date Opened||5/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary listed in the Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
* Please upload a cover letter and resume to your application.
* Please upload a copy of transcripts and certifications to your application.
Purchasing & Administrative Coordinator
Starting Monthly Salary Range: $3,333.33 – $4,166.66
Starting Annual Salary Range: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00
About The Job:
The Oklahoma State Treasurer is seeking a proven detail-oriented and hard-working individual to fill the position of Purchasing & Administrative Coordinator. This position works under the general direction of the Deputy State Treasurer of Operations and facilitates the efficient functioning of the office through a range of purchasing, procurement, financial, administrative, and clerical tasks for agency staff. This position is located at the Oklahoma State Capitol Building.
The Purchasing & Administrative Coordinator maintains State of Oklahoma equipment inventory, coordinates with internal and external customers, maintains contract file documentation and is responsible for purchasing a variety of materials, furniture, equipment, supplies, and a variety of administrative office services for the Office of the State Treasurer.
State employees enjoy a comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, retirement savings plan, 11 paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend towards their benefits. Employees earn 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave in the first year of employment.
The current State Employee Benefits guide is available at the following link. Employee Benefit Enrollment Guide for Plan Year 2022 (oklahoma.gov).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to communicate, move about inside the office, make 10-key entries, and utilize a keyboard. This position requires long periods of remaining in a stationary position and daily use of a computer and phone.
The functions of this job include but are not limited to:
• Prepares requests for requisitions, obtains purchasing information, review invoices, obtains
approvals and follows up on work results as necessary.
• Serves as an agency purchase card (credit card holder).
• Maintains purchasing records for the Office of the State Treasurer.
• Serves as backup payroll coordinator.
• Maintains agency and associated program records, participation agreements and contract renewals.
• Coordinates requests for proposals, receipt of proposals and contract award documents.
• Maintains procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records in
accordance with Oklahoma law.
• Other duties as assigned.
Complexity Of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General accounting & bookkeeping principles, theories, financial statements and reports,
accounting ledgers, and journals.
• Must have intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly
• Knowledge of key internal control concepts such as segregation of duties, physical control, and
• Analytical skills are required to identify anomalies, find the source of issues, and take
• Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills are essential to this
• Expressing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, and the
• Use of computers in reviewing, analyzing, and calculating.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Use good judgment and critical thinking.
• Analyze data to identify trends and anomalies.
• Read, interpret, and apply various rules and regulations for bids, contracts, and purchase
• Be proficient with PC office software, Microsoft Office Suite, desktop tools, and data entry
• Demonstrate strong analytical interpersonal, problem solving, and time management.
• Be detail oriented.
• Organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to conduct multiple projects at
• Demonstrate ethical behavior, support the agency mission, vision, standards, policies,
procedures, confidentiality standards, and work effectively in a team environment with moderate
• Core working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• This position is at-will and FLSA Non-Exempt.
• This position does not currently offer tele-work opportunities.
If education, certification, or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation with application.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship and are subject to a background check.
All applicants may be subject to an authorized credit check at agency discretion.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the applicant selected for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice based upon agency and division needs.
The Office of the State Treasurer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requirements at this level consist of
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
• 2-years of qualifying position related experience.
• Preference will be given to applicants who possess considerable knowledge of State purchasing laws and regulations OR an Oklahoma Certified Procurement Officer (CPO) certification that is in good standing.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|