|Date Opened||5/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary listed in the Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
Treasury Services Specialist
Starting Monthly Salary Range: $2,916.66 – $3,500.00
Starting Annual Salary Range: $35,000.00 - $42,000.00
* This recruitment will be used to fill multiple vacancies.
* Job related duties will vary depending on individual vacancy requirements.
* Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
* Please attach a copy of transcripts and any certifications to your application.
About The Job:
The Oklahoma State Treasurer (OST) is seeking a detail-oriented and hard-working individual to fill the position of Treasury Services Specialist I. This position is responsible for enrolling, educating, and assisting state agency personnel with various cash management services offered by OST, including EFT/ACH and Merchant Credit Card services. This position is located at the Oklahoma State Capitol Building.
Under the general supervision of the Banking and Treasury Services Manager, this position will be responsible for receipting and recording high volume lockbox deposits for state agencies and provide state agency support for EFT/ACH, user access enrollment, and payment card services including PCI-DSS.
State employees enjoy a comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, retirement savings plan, 11 paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend towards their benefits. Employees earn 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave in the first year of employment.
The current State Employee Benefits guide is available at the following link.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to communicate, move about inside the office, make 10-key entries, and utilize a keyboard. This position requires long periods of remaining in a stationary position and daily use of a computer and phone.
The functions of this job include but are not limited to:
• Review and process incoming lockbox deposits received for agencies, to include using Excel spreadsheet (to generate deposit sheets), enter lockbox deposit entry for agencies, tally and contact operators with final deposit batch counts, and verify deposit run reports.
• Assist with timely and accurate resolution of routine questions or issues associated with EFT/ACH transactions, payment card services and Online User Access.
• Facilitate timely and accurate enrollment for state agencies in various payment card services (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
• Provide PCI-DSS agency support, to include assessments, reporting, tracking, and liaising between State agencies and the Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
• Monitor and reconcile incoming and outgoing funds received or transmitted via
• Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT); process debits and payments via EFT.
• Provide internal support and problem resolution for the EFT/ACH and payment card functions including ACH Origination, research, adjustments, etc.
• Track the volume for EFT and payment card transactions.
• Maintain banking data for state vendors.
• Participate in positional banking division cross training with other banking personnel including but not limited to; cashier/teller duties, processing remote deposit capture transactions for agency deposits and other duties as assigned.
• Assist with rotational reception coverage (to allow for employee breaks).
• Provide timely and accurate notifications of unresolved issues to the Treasury Services Manager or the Director of Banking Services as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Complexity Of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Generally accepted accounting principles and practices, financial statements and
• Reports, accounting ledgers, journals spreadsheets and databases.
• Computer technology related to accounting systems.
• NACHA rules and regulations is preferred.
• Key internal control concepts such as segregation of duties, physical control, and independent verification.
• Analytics, identifying anomalies, finding source of issues, and taking corrective actions.
• Must have intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly Excel.
• Expressing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, and the public.
• Maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Use good judgment and critical thinking.
• Analyze data to identify trends and anomalies.
• Read, interpret, and apply various rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate strong analytical interpersonal, problem solving, and time management abilities.
• Be detail oriented.
• Organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to conduct multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrate ethical behavior, support the agency mission, vision, standards, policies, procedures, confidentiality standards, and work effectively in a team environment with moderate oversight.
• Core working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• This position is at-will, FLSA non-exempt, and does not currently offer tele-work.
If education, certification, or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation with application.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship and are subject to a background check.
All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check and may be subject to an authorized credit check at agency discretion.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the applicant selected for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice based upon agency and division needs.
The Office of the State Treasurer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requirements at this level consist of
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
• 1-year of qualifying position related experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|