|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF SOONERSTART, GUTHRIE REGION, LOGAN COUNTY
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov
Employees in these positions serve as coordinators to plan, organize and oversee implementation of early intervention services to eligible infants and toddlers and their families. Such positions are accountable for implementation of the Individuals with Disability Education Act (IDEA) and the Oklahoma Early Intervention Act.
• Ability to facilitate and coordinate services for children (ages 0-2) with developmental delays and their families; to establish and maintain effective working relationships; and to maintain quality documentation and records;
• Ability to communicate and interact with families in a friendly, caring, and compassionate manner in the families’ home or other community settings;
• Commitment to team work, consensus management, participatory decision-making process and a willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient services;
• General knowledge of child development and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel in the assigned areas of the state; valid driver’s license required;
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the electronic database(s) to maximize efficiency and services.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Identifies, plans and implements services for infants and toddlers (ages 0-2) with disabilities and their families through the SoonerStart Division of the Department of Education, in compliance with the Oklahoma Early Intervention Act and the IDEA;
• Collaborates with families to determine the need for developmental, medical, educational, social or other services;
• Links families to community resources and supports;
• Monitors and provides follow-up activities to ensure that early intervention services are implemented and adequately address the needs of the child and family;
• Maintains case records that document the child and family’s early intervention services and adherence to program timelines in accordance with IDEA, Part C regulations.
• Extensive travel required within assigned region;
• Some overnight travel may be required.
• General office setting in a State Health Department building;
• Frequent visits to client’s homes:
o Must be able to drive to client homes as required
o Must be ambulatory and have the ability to climb stairs
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb F 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis;
Ability to pass pre-employment background check.
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university [official transcripts required upon hire];
• Five (5) years of experience in early childhood education, early childhood special education or closely related field or 6 credit hours of coursework in early childhood education;
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License and ability to perform frequent travel.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, early childhood special education or closely related field [official transcripts required upon hire].
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.