|Date Opened||5/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Individual Income Tax Manager – Income Tax Accounts
Annual Salary: $61,500.00
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the Income Tax Accounts Supervisor. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
The Income Tax Supervisor will play a critical role in leading and shaping the direction of one or more sections in the Income Tax Accounts Division of the Oklahoma Tax Commission. This position is responsible for providing direct leadership and oversight for the daily operations of one section of the ITA Division.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Provides leadership and supervision to one section in the ITA Division;
• Appropriately addresses internal and external customer issues while respecting business needs;
• Administers applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and financial, and administrative controls;
• Evaluates relevant data and aspects of situations and make appropriate decisions;
• Coordinates the work of the section while also communicating with other sections based upon peak times and needed assistance;
• Identifies the most appropriate method to complete tasks and meet deadlines;
• Assigns tasks and directs employees in consideration of deadlines;
• Counsel subordinates and evaluate performance to ensure continued skill development, knowledge acquisition, and quality professional standards;
• Reviews the work and progress of section personnel for accuracy and quality control;
• Reviews, evaluates, and quantifies productivity and streamlines processes to improve processing time
• Develops a culture of continuous improvement by evaluating, quantifying, and implementing new solutions;
• Develops briefings, presentations, reports, and conduct data analysis;
• Creates and updates procedures and training materials;
• Coordinate, assign, direct, and review the work of team members in consideration of the workload;
• Create and update training material;
• Assists or assigns high-level personnel in training lower-level or new co-workers.
Individual Income Tax
• Examines, investigates, and reviews records, reports, and management practices to ensure legal compliance with state rules and statutes;
• Conducts review of returns for accuracy and processes corresponding refunds and bills;
• Advises taxpayers and legal representatives concerning the interpretations and applications of the tax laws and rules and in the preparation/completion of tax reports in a professional and courteous manner;
• Performs reviews of returns that are systemically identified to determine compliance with laws, rules, and regulations;
• Prepares adjustment letters to accurately explain errors and balances;
• Reviews applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and financial and administrative controls;
• Coordinates the income tax return, billing, and refund processes and activities in a fast paced work environment.
Additional job duties may include:
• Adding back banking information for refunds;
• Building converted credits;
• Building and adding interest on tax periods;
• Recalling refunds;
• Placing stop payments on refunds;
• Reissuing refunds to eligible survivors of deceased taxpayer.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o The Income Tax Accounts Division, and its function at a high level;
o Accounting and auditing methods and systems;
o Generally accepted accounting standards and procedures;
o Computer technology principles, terminology, and automated systems.
• Ability to
o Analyze data and apply rules and statutes to correctly process incoming returns;
o Monitors and evaluates employees and processes performance and communicate statistical results both written and verbally;
o Learns, processes information, and solves problems independently and in a team setting;
o Accepts responsibility for actions with honesty and integrity while remaining committed to organizational success;
o Promotes a team atmosphere of respect for all team members and works well with co-workers and leadership.
• Skills in
o Proficient in computer and applicable software and Microsoft Office;
o Detailed-oriented with analytical reasoning skills.
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related area;
• PLUS four (4) years of experience in accounting, finance, business administration, or related area;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have at least two (2) years of experience with processing state and/or federal income taxes.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.