A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Data Strategy and Governance Manager with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Enterprise Data Driven Services Team within OMES
• Salary up to: $100,000 based on education and experience.
• Ownership of data strategy and governance while supervising staff, including but not limited to research analysts, metadata specialist and data quality specialist.
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to identify outcomes and data needs.
• Through engagement with data owners and stakeholders, develop a three-year State Data Strategy to support data-driven business outcomes, processes, and decisions.
• Establish and manage the Enterprise Data Governance program that provides governance and risk management for all data governance activities.
• Ownership of improving data quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
• Drive data innovation by redefining customer relationships, identifying new and emerging technologies and developing new models to provide state leadership with information and insight for new strategies and initiatives.
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture to establish data governance inclusion in all solutions.
• Partner with the QA and Security teams to ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
• Ensure that guiding principles and technology standards are followed
• Collaborate with state and federal partners to seek funding to support data projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Requirements include five years of experience in a business, informatics, data science or information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, OR
• an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in data science, statistics, computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent work experience desired
• Experience in strategic planning, with past experience in developing a data strategy preferred.
• Experience in developing an enterprise data governance program
• Experience in working with multiple partners/stakeholders
• Experience with HIPAA, FERPA and CJIS privacy and security requirements
• Experience in managing data sharing and data use agreements.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.