A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Sr. Applications Developer with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
• Salary ranges from $95,000 - $105,000 based on education and experience.
• Hybrid Work Schedule.
• Building and enhancing the functionality of Microsoft-based applications.
• Supporting operations including installing, configuring optimizing and maintaining our application servers, database servers and other critical systems.
• Helping establish and maintain application security, recovery, and operational procedures.
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
• Serve as a first point of contact to other developers to help remove roadblocks, identify issues, and identify solutions.
• Helping automate and improve development workflow.
• Installing and testing new versions of system dependencies.
• Helping to establish and maintain technical standards and documentation.
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure system integrity and security.
• Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates
• Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems from an accredited college or university AND 3-5 years application development experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems from an accredited college or university AND 5-7 application development experience OR
• a vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree AND 5-7 years of computer applications experience OR
• an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• .NET, C#, C++, and/or other development (web and application) experience
• Angular Experience
• Experience in DevOps development workflows
• Agile development methodologies
• Experience working in an Agile development environment, planning and participating in sprints
• Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.