|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/24/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
Housekeeping/Custodial Worker I
Annual salary $24,300.00
• Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
• Generous incentive programs
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving the full performance of a variety of custodial and housekeeping duties, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other cleaning duties. Some positions may also have responsibilities involving the disposal of hazardous materials or other restricted items.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; of proper procedures for disposing of waste, including medically contaminated sharps and medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies; and of chemical product safety. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions. Skill is required to operate custodial equipment.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 40 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of none.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.