|Department||Department of Commerce|
|Date Opened||5/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $50,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Qualified applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and a list of reference sources with your application.
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce is the primary economic development entity in the State. Our mission is to help create an environment where economic growth can occur. Our job is to bring jobs, investment, and economic prosperity to the state of Oklahoma. Through dynamic partnerships and innovative collaborations with companies, universities, not-for-profit organizations, and government leaders, we are building a business environment that supports business growth and shared community prosperity.
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce is seeking to fill a Budget Specialist I position. This position is a full-time position in the state government. The Oklahoma Department of Commerce offers a comprehensive benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $50,000, based on education, experience. • Processing reimbursements, developing, and reviewing state and local contracts for alignment with sound federal financial principles, developing Requests for Proposals, developing Memorandums of Understanding, and preparing and processing invoices. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to apply is June 17, 2022.
POSITION: Budget Specialist I
DIVISION: Workforce Development
JOB LOCATION: Oklahoma City
SALARY: $45,000 - $50,000
JOB NUMBER: J-761
POSITION DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Budget Specialist I for the Oklahoma Office of Workforce Development will assist the Fiscal Compliance and Operations Director in the day-to-day activities required to maintain fiscal and management accountability at the state and local levels. In addition, the Budget Specialist I will provide financial support in OOWD’s budget and fiscal processes to ensure the timely and appropriate use of funds associated with the financial and administrative regulations as published by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget.
The Budget Specialist I will closely work with the Fiscal Compliance and Operations Director and will assist in ensuring fiscal integrity and compliance with federal and state regulations.
The Budget Specialist I will be tasked with working with the financial and program staff to accomplish the goals and needs of the Office of Workforce Development.
In addition, the Budget Specialist I will also be responsible for the completion of general office administration to include:
• Maintaining, updating, and retrieving financial information from OOWD’s grant management system.
• Discretionary and Formula fund tracking and processing.
• Provide support in preparing financial information necessary for accurate quarterly financial reports, as required by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment, and Training Administration.
• Complete all mandatory training plus a minimum of two professional development training a year.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of financial principles and practices.
• Understanding of government or grant accounting.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• The capability of providing customer-centered technical assistance.
• Proven administrative and clerical skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
• The capability of working independently, as well as in teams.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare budgets and financial reports.
• Processing reimbursements, developing, and reviewing state and local contracts for alignment with sound federal financial principles, developing Requests for Proposals, developing Memorandums of Understanding, and preparing and processing invoices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• A bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting, finance, or business. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting and financial management or a related field.
• Experience with federal grants or assistance preferred.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.