|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. This position may be filled as a Level I or II dependent upon education and experience as outlined below: Level I: The annual salary for this position is up to $40,000 00 based on education and experience. Position Summary: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
OSDH is seeking two full-time Licensed Practical Nurses I or II providing support to Washington County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003634 & 34003500 governed by the Civil Service Rules. OSDH offers a comprehensive .
Level II: The annual salary for this position is up to $44,000.00 based on education and experience.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing a full range of nursing assignments as a Licensed Practical Nurse and perform nursing task at the full performance level in providing care to patients or clients. Responsibilities will include providing guidance and training to others in completing routine nursing task and activities.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure.
• Provide contraceptive education and pregnancy testing.
• Performing WIC assessments on women, infant and children who are eligible.
• Obtaining height and weight checks, hemoglobin testing, and lead testing.
• Educate parents on feeding habits for newborn babies and children to five years of age.
• Educate pregnant women and moms on breastfeeding.
• Issues breast pumps and instruct on how to use the pump and storage/handling of breast milk.
• Educate on the proper storage, mixing and handling of formula.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles.
• Assess immunizations records and give required immunizations to infant, children and adults.
• Provide patient education on vaccines and possible side effects.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Assist in communicable disease investigations.
• Head checks for lice on children and adults.
• Provide education for lice treatment and prevention.
• Community outreach involves going to various sites, events and functions 1-2 times per year in the community to provide services and education on the services provided by the county health department for the community.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; plus demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients or clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in clinic environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time. Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
This position may be filled as a Level I or II dependent upon education and experience as outlined below:
Level I: The annual salary for this position is up to $40,000 00 based on education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Level I: Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Level II: Requirements consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC); plus one year of practical nursing experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|