A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As As Deputy General Counsel with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Supports the Information Services Division.
• Salary up to $95,000 based on education and experience.
• Interprets existing contracts and provides legal advice and counsel regarding all aspects of Information Services contract transactions.
• Negotiates highly complex technology contracts with some of the largest technology companies in the world.
• Analyzes complex factual and legal issues in many areas of State and Federal law regarding technology and cybersecurity, and prepares legal opinions, memorandums of fact and law and other legal documents.
• Assists in drafting bills and amendments for legislative consideration, completes reports on changes in legislation, evaluates proposed legislation and makes recommendations for agency action in response thereto.
• Advises on law, regulations, legal opinions, or administrative policy involved in the operation of the agency and its contacts with industry, private or professional associations, state, federal, or local government, and the general public.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
• Ability to occasionally lift paper and office supplies.
• Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Graduation from an accredited law school
• Licensed to practice law in the State of Oklahoma
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Five (5) years legal experience as a licensed attorney.
• A general technology understanding and/or a transaction law background.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience initiating, structuring, negotiating and drafting contracts.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.