A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Government and Community Affairs Manager with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Service Oklahoma team.
• Salary up to $75,000 based on education and experience.
• Research and monitors government activities that could impact the operations of the organization.
• Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities, agencies, and other stakeholders.
• Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity.
• Provide senior leadership with strategic advice on policy issues affecting the organization to inform business planning, including facilitating high-level meetings between leadership and relevant officials.
• Work collaboratively and transparently with internal teams to ensure alignment between core priorities and policy goals.
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
• Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
• Build relationships and establish trust with licensed operators keeping them abreast of progress and answer their questions.
• Develop, manage, and organize communications activities, including writing press releases, talking points, organizing local press events, coordinating with reporters, executing social media posts and coordinating tele-town halls.
• Think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or related field and five (5) years of experience in Public Policy or
• An equivalent combination of education an experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Ability to be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
• Ability to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
• Capacity to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external clients.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points, written collateral, and other messaging; and deliver messaging to relevant audiences.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.