A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Financial Reporting Manager with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Central Accounting and Reporting (CAR) team
• Salary up to: $90,000.00 based on education and experience.
• Prepares comprehensive financial report (ACFR).
• Organizes and coordinates team that acquires and analyzes automated accounting system information, component unit financial statements, state agency submitted GAAP conversion packages, and various types of financial, statistical, and demographic information.
• Compiles, writes, and edits assigned sections of the ACFR of the State of Oklahoma in accordance with GAAP.
• Develops training programs for other state agency accounting personnel that relate GAAP to the state's accounting policies and procedures in order to obtain the information required to complete the ACFR.
• Manages the development and refinement of state agency submitted conversion packages.
• Works with other CAR managers and personnel in the review and analysis of the State's accounting policies and procedures; make recommendations for appropriate changes.
• Drafts legislation when required.
• Serves as primary contact for the State Auditor & Inspector agency personnel relating to their audit of the annual ACFR.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday.
Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Licensed CPA
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an accounting or financial reporting environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Preference may be given to candidates with governmental accounting experience and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles for governments
• Preference may be given to candidates with experience working with general ledger and ERP systems
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.