|Date Opened||5/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Call Center Supervisor - Taxpayer Resource Division
Annual Salary: $51,500
The Taxpayer Resource Center is often the first point of contact for taxpayers seeking information regarding their agency accounts. Representatives serve as a subject matter expert regarding Oklahoma tax laws. Daily contact involves communication with taxpayers and other agency staff via phone calls and electronic communications.
The Call Center Supervisor is the leadership level where employees are assigned the responsibility as a unit supervisor over a team of Call Center Representatives. This position will assign and review work and provide training, along with other supervisory functions including evaluating performance, making recommendations on disciplinary actions, encouraging employee development, and approving time off. This position will also work with dissatisfied taxpayers to overcome complex issues and provide exceptional customer service while representing the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Reviews work of staff to ensure accuracy and consistency;
• Evaluates workloads, backlogs, and employee availability, and then assigns work accordingly to ensure the most effective level of production;
• Provides quality control by conducting reviews of employees’ Customer Relationship Management (CRM) notes, listening to calls, reviewing letters sent, and running various reports;
• Evaluates, prepares, and discusses performance, behavior, and attendance with each team member;
• Develops and maintains desk procedures, ensuring all office practices and procedures are followed;
• Establishes standards for work performance and leads by example;
• Analyzes inefficiencies of processes and provides recommendations of improvement;
• Assists call center representatives with their questions; Coaches employees on how to respond to taxpayers in order to better assist them;
• Assists in answering calls and/or emails when call volume becomes high;
• Accepts escalated calls or emails and provides exceptional customer service to assist taxpayers by offering patient assistance and support;
• Attends meetings, trainings or workshops as requested by management;
• Works closely with division trainer to ensure employees are progressing well in their training development; Recommends refresher trainings when needed;
• Holds Daily Huddle team meetings; Assists with creating Daily Huddle email notifications in lieu of meetings during peak season;
• Guides callers or team members through troubleshooting, navigating the company site, or using the products or services offered;
• Collaborates with other TRC Leadership to improve customer service;
• Trains new employees and informs them about the agency’s customer management policies.
• Customer Service: Appropriately address internal and external customer issues while respecting business needs.
• Result Driven: Identify the correct response to taxpayer inquiries while meeting required call center metrics.
• Decision Making: Evaluate relevant data and aspects of situations and make appropriate decisions.
• Accountability: Accept responsibility for actions with honesty and integrity while remaining committed to organization success.
• Teamwork: Promote a team atmosphere of respect for all team members; work well with co-workers and leadership.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Various types of taxes;
o Tax forms and methods used to report taxes.
• Ability is required to
o Communicate effectively in person, by phone and in writing with taxpayers, team members and co-workers;
o Model professionalism through positive and communicative behaviors;
o Maintain a positive attitude with a passion for providing a successful experience for every caller;
o Identifies the cause of a problem and utilizes available resources to find possible solutions;
o Multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively;
o Maintain a professional demeanor even under the most stressful conditions;
o De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied taxpayers;
o Meet strict quotas;
o Have a patient and empathetic attitude;
o Be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment;
o Exercise independent judgment and provide prompt service;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Skills in
o Strong verbal and written communication skills;
o Strong time management and organizational skills;
o Proficient with basic computer software phone systems;
o Strong active listening skills;
o Exceptional interpersonal and rapport-building skills;
o Strong problem-solving and leadership skills;
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field; PLUS one (1) year of bookkeeping, accounting, or account maintenance experience;
• OR Three (3) years of experience as a customer service representative or similar positions within a call center environment; PLUS two (2) years of bookkeeping, accounting, or accounts maintenance experience;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and/or qualified experience.
Preference may be given to applicants who have at least two (2) years of supervision, specifically in a call center environment. Preference may be also given to applicants who are able to speak multiple languages fluently, especially those common among callers.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.