|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||5/17/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Jim Taliaferro Community Health Center in Lawton, OK.
Join a team that CARES! Here at ODMHSAS, we believe in I.C.A.R.E. – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Our mission is to promote healthy communities and provide the highest quality care to enhance the well-being of all Oklahomans. We take that very seriously – because we care!
About the Position: Under close supervision, this position provides non-professional direct or indirect care for consumers of behavioral health treatment in an inpatient, outpatient, or residential care setting. This includes participation in de-escalation activities and assuring that consumers are kept safe. This position acts as a role model for consumers, demonstrating effective problem solving and decision-making skills and will assist in providing recreational and therapeutic activities for the consumer, transporting residents to and from medical appointments, and assuring scheduled programming is carried out.
• Full Time
• Annual Salary is $28,288.20+/year, plus shift differentials and benefits pay!
• Primary Working Hours: Vary based on the needs of the facility
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Inpatient & URC positions available
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• No experience or education is required.
• Possess a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety
• Must believe that recovery is possible!
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work for Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
About us: Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center in Lawton, OK is a community-based center with a primary focus on mental health and substance abuse treatment. The inpatient and outpatient services they provide include special groups and programs for adolescents, persons with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, seniors and older adults, women, men, and criminal justice groups.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.