|Date Opened||5/17/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting Salary Range: $15/hour|
Starting Salary Range: $15/hour
Location: Oklahoma City
Benefits: None (Temporary employee)
Basic Purpose: The purpose of this job is to perform a variety of routine tasks involving unskilled to semi-skilled manual labor at Will Rogers Air National Guard Base. These tasks will include general custodial and housekeeping activities, general maintenance, grounds maintenance, repair duties, assisting crafts personnel, performing escort duties, and event set-up and tear-down. May lead to full-time employment.
• Performs custodial activities to include sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, washing, scrubbing, cleaning and polishing building floors, walls, windows, ceilings and drinking fountains.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and/or disinfects restroom toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, plumbing fixtures, walls, floors, partitions, door handles, counter tops, mirrors, and benches.
• Refills toilet paper, paper towel, and soap dispensers as needed and replaces batteries in dispensers and auto-flush meters.
• Collects and deposes of debris and trash.
• Maintains good customer service, communication, and relationships with each Building Manager.
• Attends training and meetings as required.
• Records accurate time accounting in iEMS.
• Cuts grass, weeds, trees and brush; cleans culverts, drains and ditches; moves, loads and unloads materials, supplies and equipment; hauls or carries sand, lumber, asphalt and cement or other materials.
• Assists skilled craft workers, including carpenters, plumbers, electricians or HVAC technicians by carrying materials and tools, picking up materials from suppliers or performing unskilled tasks, such as mixing concrete or mortar, digging holes and tearing out walls; moves furniture, and other heavy equipment, assists in setting up or moving scaffolds.
• Digs post holes and ditches, rakes grass and leaves, picks up trash and debris, sweeps walks, and assists in snow removal.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods and practices of custodial, general building, and mechanical trades. Ability to follow simple oral instructions; skill to use hand tools and high speed power tools; to perform the less skilled aspects of the mechanical and building trades; and to physically perform heavy manual labor.
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 60 pounds
• Applicant must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions (Over 100 Degrees F and below 20 Degrees F)
• Applicant must be able to work from various building heights
Conditions of Employment:
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• T1 security clearance (Eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to U.S. citizens)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Non-exempt FLSA status
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
Notes: This position is located at the Will Rogers Air National Guard Base in Oklahoma City, OK
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Education and Experience: Requirements at this level are none.
Licenses/Certificates required: None.