|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions Other Duties This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee’s activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking a full time Enterprise Systems Services Director providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. This is a state employee position, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position provides overall business management, supervision, and direction of the Enterprise Systems Services team. The position must demonstrate enthusiastic support of OMMA’s mission, core values, and long-term objectives. Perform job duties within OMES and OMMA regulations, policies, services standards, work procedures.
• Provide public health Enterprise Systems Services, goals, objectives, vision, and leadership.
• Chair the OMMA Information Technology Oversight Committee.
• Supervise and coach a staff of individuals with diverse skills and OMMA responsibilities. Train, schedule, assign, direct, coordinate, review, and evaluate the work performance of staff members.
• Approve Invoices, SOWs, and manage applicable change order requests.
• As a liaison to OMES and OMMA, the director will oversee departmental / IT SOWs, WO’s, invoices, purchases, contracts, etc.
• Maintains daily, monthly, and annual statistical analysis reports on tracking hours on department projects, project enhancements, area risk evaluations, and overall project(s) progression.
• Partner with OMES on the development and implementation of OMMA technologies and applications.
• Partner with internal contacts to identify and implement enterprise solutions for business efficiencies.
• Develop toolkits and communications related to enterprise applications and processes; provide training to OMMA staff on applications, policies, processes, etc.
• Provide business leadership and strategic direction for the Enterprise Systems Services Department.
• In partnership with OMES and OMMA staff, serve as an escalation point for IT and related issues.
• In partnership with OMES, analyze and revise new and existing system logic by developing, testing, and modifying application systems, database systems, designing systems, as required. Where feasible, build systems interfaces to automate current manual processes.
• In partnership with OMES, manage the successful deployment of OMMA technology projects that support agency initiatives.
• Maintain oversight of OMMA assets and provide recommendations to the Risk Manager to streamline and improve the successful management of technology systems.
• In partnership with OMES, create deployment plans that align with OMMA technology milestones and implementation schedules.
• Serve as the primary liaison between OMES IT and OMMA.
• Attend daily OMES meetings and strategic briefings, as applicable.
• Develop Disaster Recovery priorities for OMMA applications.
• In partnership with OMES and OMMA Strategic Planning area, develop and maintain the OMMA IT Strategic Plan.
• In partnership with OMES, create, update, and maintain knowledge base for all applicable systems, equipment, applications for continuous improvement for providing timely and effective support as needed.
• Through the partnership with OMES, facilitate installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of desktop computer workstations, virtual desktops, printers, related equipment and maintain inventories, as applicable.
• Establish and maintain a supportive culture of continuous improvement related to responsiveness, accuracy, timeliness, streamlined processes, communication, and documentation.
• Participate in assigned information monitoring, maintenance, and remediation activities.
• Ensure OMES and OMMA IT policies and procedures are properly maintained and strictly followed.
• Provide regular and punctual work attendance.
• Coordinate and complete other duties, special projects, and activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in a team environment, participating and assisting management, peers, and subordinates.
Position placements are made based on agency needs and individual ability.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
*Must have proficient language skills, i.e., reading, analyzing, and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, regulations, and procedural manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, business proposals and effectively present information to applicable persons. Must have mathematical skills, reasoning ability, and communications skills.
*Must have a working knowledge of computer servers, multiple systems environments, virtualization, electronic systems, administration, and networking. Working knowledge of using, troubleshooting, maintaining computer and networking equipment, hands-on experience with diagnostic tools and systems hardware.
*Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with OMES and other external or internal technical staff.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and moderate noise levels. While performing the job duties, the employee must talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of sitting and daily use of computers and phones. Travel may be required.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee’s activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; five to seven years related experience and/or training.
Preferred: Five or more years experience in applications development, systems analysis, and troubleshooting, re-engineering networks with comprehensive solutions.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.