|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $36,723.18|
|Full or Part Time||
Applicant must apply online.
ODVA is seeking a full time Programs Administrator - Scheduler providing support to the Nursing Department. This is a state employee position located in Comanche, Oklahoma. ODVA offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $58,000 based on education and experience.
Salary – Up to $36,723.18
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that staffing levels of the nursing department are created and managed to ensure quality care for the residents in accordance with federal, state, and agency rules, regulations, and policies.
The functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review, consult with ADON’s, approve or deny any schedule or transfer requests monthly before making upcoming schedule
• Create monthly schedules in excel for all units/shifts
• Enter monthly schedules (Floor schedules and House Supervisor schedule) in Kronos
• Keep the Current Floor Staffing list updated and email out to Department Heads weekly
• Update staffing sheets as adjustments are made (floor changes, terminations, etc.) and email an update on employees to House Supervisors and Education Instructor weekly
• Review overtime weekly on all nursing staff and make schedule adjustments as needed
• Compile daily staffing sheets that House Supervisors use for daily staffing from the excel spreadsheet that schedules are created from
• Ensure that staffing ratios are met for all shifts
• Update log in House office of extra staff in building for staffing purposes (Restorative, transport, lab, ADON’s, etc.)
• Enter call in log daily in Kronos. Notify HR of any FMLA entries. Notify HR, Unit Managers, and Nursing Admin of any No Call No Show entries, late call ins, and if an employee has called in 3 consecutive days which requires a doctor’s note to return
• Enter missed punches and leave requests in Kronos and keep leave request calendars up to date
• Approve/Deny leave requests for vacation time according to first come first serve policy
• Review holiday accruals and give employees days off to keep holiday accrual balances low
• Approve/Deny leave requests that are turned in daily for sick leave/work week adjustments
• Assist HR with all aspects of timecards, such as contacting employees in regards to missed punches, moving time from approved to unapproved, and entering leave
• Assign new hires a unit, create their schedules in accordance with the training policy, and schedule a pattern in Kronos
• Schedule and conduct CMA interviews and participate in Contract Personnel interviews every other Tuesday
• Schedule CPR training for those who need to renew certification (send a notice to mailbox and make notation on schedules)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of nursing positions and understanding of nursing staff patterns. Ability to assess staffing needs and trends as well as to plan and prioritize tasks. Clear understanding of the impact scheduling services has on patient services. Must be organized, detail orientated, have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to follow-up and problem-solve and be able to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree or four (4) years’ experience scheduling in healthcare, long-term or direct patient care setting or a combination of education and experience. Excellent computer skills to include electronic timekeeping, scheduling systems and proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.