|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/26/2022 3:11:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Chief Operations Officer providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. This is a state employee position, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is tasked with implementing the daily operations, aligned with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority goals, mission, vision and values.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and agency stakeholders with setting and driving the agency vision and operational strategy.
• Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement agency-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
• Oversee agency operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
• Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
• Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the Executive Director and Agency Leadership team.
• Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
• Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders
• Areas of direct oversight may include Data Services, Human Resources, Mail Room, Training and Quality Assurance, Strategic Planning, Risk Management, and Project Management.
• Assume high-level role on the executive leadership team.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Critical thinking skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, steadily growing agency.
• Knowledge of OMMA history.
• Team player ready to join energetic, collaborative and fast-paced agency.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Office environment, computer based. Travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Planning, Leadership, Public Health, Business, Community Health, Public Administration, Social Work or closely related field. Plus 7 years of experience in project management, public health, administration or business administration or related field; OR a master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, or Project Management.
Preference given to those with a Master’s degree and/or project management credentials.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.